|PHENOM b7fb22fb4a||3 years ago|
|DemoBoard||3 years ago|
|SIDDumper||3 years ago|
|src||3 years ago|
|Jenkinsfile||3 years ago|
|Microcontroller Presentation English.pdf||3 years ago|
|Parallax Propeller Presentation German.pdf||3 years ago|
|README.md||3 years ago|
Propeller Parallax P8X32A SIDcog+VGA+Mouse+Keyboard+MicroSD DemoBoard
A Project I've worked on during University which demonstrates the multi-cog approach of the Parallax Propeller Multicore Microcontroller in combination with my selfbuilt DemoBoard.
- Commodore C64 SID (Sound Interface Device) MOS8580 Emulation via SIDcog outputted to the 3.5mm audio jack
- Reading dumped *.sid data from a FAT16/32 formatted MicroSD Card via SPI
- TextMode based Terminal VGA Output
- PS/2 Interfacing with mouse and keyboard
Board Layout with Parts
![Board Layout with Parts](DemoBoard/Board layout with parts.png)
Board Layout ready for print (Single Sided)
Use wire for the top-layer connections. It's not that much wiring anyways.
How to use
Format an MicroSD Card with either FAT16 or FAT32 as filesystem and use the bundled SID_Dumper.exe to dump the register data from *.sid files. Put the resulted dump-file (*.dmp) on your MicroSD Card.
Check out the two presentations I held for university about this project.
- [Microcontroller Presentation English](Microcontroller Presentation English.pdf)
- [Parallax Propeller Presentation German](Parallax Propeller Presentation German.pdf)
Use the Propeller Tool Software and compile src/Main.spin as top module and load it onto the EEPROM or RAM.
- Tomas Rokicki and Jonathan Dummer - FAT Filesystem Driver
- Jonathan "lonesock" Dummer - SPI interface routines for SD & SDHC & MMC cards
- Chip Gracey, Jon Williams - Simple Numbers String conversion, VGA High-Res Text Driver, PS/2 Mouse Driver, PS/2 Keyboard Driver
- Allen Marincak - VGA High-Res Text UI Elements Base UI Support
- Johannes Ahlebrand - SIDcog - SID/MOS8580 emulator
- PHENOM - DemoBoard, Bundling everything together in Main.spin, GUI